Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On the move :)

I know everyone says "Be careful what you wish for," but I have loved this crawling stage!  We had to get the baby gate up and outlets covered, but other than that Anderson's easier than ever.  It's so fun to see where he wants to go (especially if it happens to be Mama's lap!).  I feel like he's learned so much in the last couple of weeks from crawling.  At first, as soon as something (most likely a ball) rolled out of sight, Anderson would stop chasing it immediately- it was gone forever.  But now he'll get flat on his belly to retrieve a ball that's rolled under the couch, and he'll definitely chase a ball beyond a blind corner.  So cool to see his brain learning.

A couple of things are recent favorites of this crawling boy:

1) Crawling INTO things.  He has a little easier time getting into than out of, but he's figuring it all out.  Pictures below show what I mean:

Under high chair (He "drove" it around the kitchen a while before he could climb out- ha!)

Under his table

(My favorite) into his racetrack

2) I mentioned chasing a ball.  I think he would happily throw/ roll a ball and chase it all day long if he could.    He's so determined.  If it rolls all the way into another room, he just starts crawling away.  So far he doesn't get frustrated easily, and laughs if it bounces or rolls differently than he expected.  He has started to fuss if it gets caught under somewhere he can't get to, though, so Mama gets to help out every now and then.  Glad to know he still needs me ;)

Here's a video of the ball-chasing-wonder-boy:




No comments:

Post a Comment