With no school schedules to stop us, my mom and I planned a late-September family trip to the beach in Duck, NC (part of the Outer Banks.) With Mom, Dad, and Ryan's work and my tutoring, we ended up with a half-week trip. Mom, the boys, and I headed out Tuesday mid-day, and Dad and Ryan joined us that night. The trip had many "pro's"- the boys got lots of extra quality time with Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa; the weather was PERFECT mid-70's and sunny; I got to sleep in an extra hour or so a couple of mornings; AND we had four straight days of delicious seafood. It was so good!
There was really only one "con", but it was enough to make the only 5-day trip seem just about right. In our otherwise nice time-share condo, every single step the people above us took was amplified x 20 into our unit below. And those people did not know how to relax on vacation. I swear they were pacing, running, dropping things up until 11 or so at night and then starting again at 6 or so in the morning. Sit down, people! Any thoughts I had of nicely mentioning this to them were squelched by the bumper sticker on what I can only imagine was their car in our parking lot. It so cleverly read: "Keep honking, I'm reloading..." Cute, right?...
(Okay, I'm moving on.)
Back to the many highlights, here are some of my favorite photos:
 |
| I loved their one-piece swim suits! |
 |
| Admiring "his" hard work with the sand castle. |
 |
| This happened- a whole hour just Ryan and me on the beach. Thank you, Mom and Dad! :) |
 |
| Beach babe! |
 |
| My color-coordinated cutie :) |
 |
| We all took a lot of turns holding Anderson's hand right at the edge of the water. He very happily got wet up to his waist, and he loved to watch the waves! |
 |
| Goofy, but he laughed :) |
 |
| Our view from dinner! |
The boys had a lot of fun playing inside, too:
Friday was mighty windy, and Saturday was supposed to be even windier, so we opted for a pool/ aquarium day instead. The boys loved the pool! Brady is still a little frog in the water, and Anderson loved "swimming" and let me dunk him a couple of times again. He came up one time and said, "Eat water!" Oops. Haha.
The aquarium was really fun- I think Anderson was more into the fish than he has been the animals at the zoo. He's definitely getting to a fun age for these types of trips.
 |
| Sour-puss face from Anderson. Because he is two, and we had some moments of this. |
 |
| At the zoo, Anderson is usually ready for "anutter animal." But at the aquarium, he never wanted to leave each tank. He really liked the "big fish" |
 |
| Anderson refused this photo op- we are completely in a "No pictures!" phase. Thankfully Brady is happy to oblige. :) |
 |
| Otters! |
 |
| Yay for a smiley family photo! |
 |
| And this one- Anderson cracks me up every time I see it :) |
Looks like such a nice trip! Your boys are darling.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
Delete