Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Anderson's first day

I was anxious about this morning, but I didn't get teary until I picked him up.  First, there was seeing him walking- in line- down the hallway with his class (so cute!), then there was hearing and seeing him all happy and comfortable, and I just felt such relief.  I knew he would have a good day, but it made such a difference to see it with my own eyes.  So I picked that big boy up, gave him a hug and kiss and held his hand as he happily chatted away telling me all about his first day.  

This morning went smoothly.  I got up and got myself ready, Brady woke up, and then I went in and got Anderson who was chillin in his crib (toddler bed is on our to-do list next month!) Got the boys dressed, breakfast (a 30-minute affair), quick trip to the potty for Anderson, and then 1st day of school pictures.  Thankfully my usual tricks worked, and I got especially good smiles!



I got the boys in the car (to be clear, Anderson still in a Pull-up. Ho hum.) 5 minutes later, we were parking at church/preschool.  

I thought having Brady in a stroller would help me, but Anderson wanted to push the stroller through the parking lot by himself.  When I told him, "No," he announced, "then no preschool!", which he repeated a couple of times as we came in the building.  

Quick facts about Anderson's class: his teacher is Ms. Gina, who everyone tells us is wonderful, and the assistant teacher is Ms. Melanie.  So far I've gotten to talk to Ms. Melanie a little more, and I really like her.  There are 13 cute, cute kids in the class- 7 girls and 6 boys, I think.  And I'm one of the room moms. :). Lots of other friendly moms in our class, which will be fun.

Back to drop-off, Anderson knew I was going to give him a big hug and he was going to say, "goodbye, Mommy!" But when the time came, he was starting to reach back for me and stamp his feet when Ms. Melanie swooped in and helped him start unpacking.  Phew! No tears.

Brady and I had our own plans, a mom's group I joined last year at church with classes for the kids, too.  So that's where we were 9:15-11:45.

Then at 11:45, I picked Brady up and headed down the hall, where I was first in line for pick up at noon.  So like I said, at 12, Anderson's class was walking back from music, and Ms. Melanie said it was the best first day of 3's preschool she's ever seen (her 8th year with 3-yr-olds).  No tears, all sat for story time. So all of us mommas and daddies in line breathed a sigh of relief.  So now we're back to the part where a happy Anderson bounded from the room, and my little mommy heart felt all kinds of happy.  I asked him what was his favorite part, and he said "making faces".  I thought he meant like a picture, but then he showed me a silly face that he made.  Ha!  

Anderson told me he clapped his hands and stomped his feet and hugged his knees.  Music class, I'm guessing.  He said something about Willabee Wallaby Woo, which starts with W.  So until parent conferences in November, this might be all I have to go on.  Hoping to get a chance to check with one of his teachers real quick on Thursday to hear how things are going.  Basically, I want them to tell me, "Anderson is so cute/ wonderful/ smart, etc." That's all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment