Before she told us, just looking at his profile, I thought- "Yep, he looks like a boy." That could have something to do with the fact that every time I've watched an ultrasound, it has in fact been a boy. But nonetheless, he's very handsome already. It is fun to think about what our third boy will look like, especially since Anderson and Brady don't look a whole lot like each other. So strange to imagine that one more boy will take up the huge amount of space in my heart that each of my 3 other Ives boys already do.
I think the only person disappointed was my doctor. She was 100% Team Girl this time around, and said she'll be at home tonight thinking, "I can't believe it!" Haha. But she and her nurse got on board quickly and called my cell phone a few minutes after the appointment with a list of names.
On that note, we don't have a name yet. We have a short-list, and I'm always eager to decide, but Ryan isn't ready to commit. So I'm trying to be patient.
We invited our parents and brother and sisters over last night to join in the gender reveal (reveal to them and the boys since we obviously knew.) Lauren was en route to DC from Philadelphia, so she couldn't be there, but the rest of the crew made it. It was fun and crazy! Brandon, Heather and their 4 little ones came. My boys, especially Anderson, tend to keep to themselves more when there is a lot going on, so Anderson was quiet and borderline lethargic throughout the night. I think he probably had a little tummy ache, too. But I stole a few quiet moments with him, and he seemed good with the news about a new baby boy.
Once the house emptied out a bit (Anderson reported, "Now it's just 4!") we took some pictures of the boys in the box they had opened with the balloons that popped out (or, rather, were stuck and I had to pull out...). They were excited to play with the balloons, and Ryan had them saying, "Boy!" which led to some good smiles.
Here are a few pictures from the festivities and the boys in the box...
![]() |
| All of the kids enjoyed the noisemakers! Brady and Xavier here. |
![]() |
| Charlotte, the only girl grandbaby of what will be 7, was the queen of the balloons all night. Usually she was seen walking around with all 6. |
![]() |
| Don't they look thrilled?? ;-) |
![]() |
| Now we're having fun! |
![]() |
| Blurry but such a sweet hug. Brady's a little love man. |
![]() |
| My favorite one of all. :) |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I think it's so cute to imagine you with all your boys. Can't wait to hear about names, and you're right-it's fun to imagine how he'll look because you're definitely not one of those families with identical looking children!
ReplyDeleteYa!!! 3 boys! I see a LOT of baseball games in your future ;) Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteso exciting!!! congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete