Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Funny guys


First thing this morning
Brady is talking and talking so much.  There is still plenty of babbling that we don't understand, but there is A LOT that we do.  Sometimes he will say "I wuv you" on his own, even if you don't say it first.  And if he's feeling realllly sweet, he'll say, "You're da best (insert some mumbling) ever!!"  And then I swoon.

He likes to ask what all kinds of animals say (this really isn't new, but still a go-to.)  He'll ask you what anything says, really.

Common example: "What's dat?"-B "That's a circle."-you  "What's a circle say?!"-B "Umm....."-you.

He also likes to tell you about scary animals.  He'll say, "The shark is coming!  IT'S IN DA CAVE!!" and you're supposed to be very scared.  Or he'll say "it's a tiger." And you'll say, "Is it a nice tiger or scary tiger?" and he says, "Scawy!"

One of my favorites recently, Anderson and I were happily building a house with some cardboard bricks.  I could hear Brady saying something, and I finally tuned in that he was saying, "He coming!  Here he comes!" and I said, "Who's coming, Brady?" And he said, "Da Big Bad Woof!" and knocked our house over.  It was so funny!  :)  Luckily Anderson totally went with the flow, and even thanked Brady for playing the  Big Bad Wolf with us later (sometimes they're sweet to each other...).


                                                                     
First thing this morning
Anderson is really into making up stories or asking you to make them up.  Ryan said that he was telling Anderson a story about dragons in the bath tub, and Anderson got so into it and it just kept going and going.  A couple of nights later (also in the bath) he wanted to tell me a story about Marco (from a Curious George video my parents have) and Anderson playing baseball.  It started, "Once upon a time" and everything.  I am hoping to copy down one of his dictated stories soon, because there are way too many details for me to remember. :)

Also, sometimes we think Anderson is living in a musical.  He loves to sing along to his favorite CD's, especially Frozen.  Leaving preschool last week, I was talking to Anderson about "listening the first time his teachers tell him to do something," and he proceeded to belt out, "For the FIRST TIME in forever...." from Frozen, right in the parking lot.  Not sure that counted as listening....

Sunday after playing at the park, Ryan and the boys were hanging out in the backyard while I went in to fix us all lunch.  Anderson had asked me for milk (he already had his water bottle right there), and I told him I'd fix him some milk for lunch- it would be just a few minutes.  I went inside and didn't think much of it until Anderson was knocking at the back door a few minutes later.  Ryan later tells me that in the meantime Anderson was sitting in his lounge chair asking me over and over for milk.  Ryan said something to the effect of, "I don't think she can hear you, buddy.  She's inside."  So Anderson started asking/ pleading louder.  Since that wasn't working, Anderson said, "I'm going to go knock on the door... (at the door)...Maybe if I sing her a song, she'll give me some milk... Mama, Do you wanna give me milk... (tune: Do you wanna build a snowman?)" Ryan said there was more but he can't remember it all.  Luckily, I went to see what he wanted, and after he asked very nicely I did give him that desired cup of milk.


I love seeing their funny little personalities more and more.  Wish I could capture and playback more of our day word-for-word, because one day they'll be all big.  But hopefully this will help me remember how funny my little guys can be these days.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love that tired morning picture of Brady and that he pretends to be the big bad wolf. 2. I think it is hilarious that Anderson was asking for milk to the tune of the Frozen song, HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) thanks, Sarah! Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete