Sunday, January 24, 2016

Brady's snow-day birthday

This weekend's blizzard has been called "historic" around these parts, and here's a photo for reference (with Sadie frolicking).  Snow totals in our area were between 14"-16".  I, for one, am realllly glad there wasn't a blizzard like this three years ago.  A great day for a birthday but not a BIRTHday. ;-)


Brady was especially happy all day, so it was definitely a success!  I went to check on the boys, who were giddily playing in their room this morning around 7:30.  Brady ran back and forth through his "birthday door" quite a few times.

We headed downstairs pretty quickly to find his presents...

Not too big for Daddy to carry him
He was most excited about the inflatable dinosaurs :)

Pretty pleased with himself .

Awesome dinosaur helmet didn't make it to us before the blizzard hit, so that will be a surprise for another day...
 True to Brady, I made snowman-cinnamon rolls, but all he would eat was his cheerios and strawberries.  Anderson and I thoroughly enjoyed the treat.  He and Anderson played with his new toys for a while, and we took some pictures.

Anderson was a big fan of this pogo jumper!
These two being cute got me started on the brother pictures.


Big buddies!
Close up of the birthday boy
And one more in his Bradysaurus shirt
We let Brady pick a morning movie to watch (a new concept thanks to sick days followed immediately by snow days), and he picked Planes, a recent favorite.

Ryan and I talked with our parents and decided a birthday lunch would be best since we wanted everyone home and off the roads before dark.  I was worried about everyone driving in the snow at all, but thankfully they all stayed safe.

Grandparents arrived with more presents, in time for hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (two of Brady's favorites.... which today he wouldn't touch.....) and cake!










The cake was a big hit!




"3"
Great-Grandma brought Brady Batman and Superman, which he barely let out of his sight all day.
 After the fun, we settled down for naptime and quiet time, except nobody napped.  We had really hoped to take the boys back out in the snow, but Ryan had to run over to our old house (which tenants are moving out of and we need to sell... it's a whole mess!) to make sure there weren't any snow-related issues going on.  Anyways, I wasn't brave enough to take all 3 boys out on my own, so we played and eventually settled in for a second movie (it was a snow day AND a birthday, I suppose...) before dinner- Cars 2, for the record.  Brady played with his new toys happily throughout the day, and he definitely seemed to feel special.  Anderson suggested we all sing happy birthday to him again at dinnertime, and he just BEAMED.

It was a good day to celebrate our wonderful Brady!


1 comment: