Sunday, January 20, 2013

38 weeks- uncharted territory

HOLY MOLY.  I told Ryan I wanted him to take a prego picture tonight because I was in a "blogging mood" and haven't taken very many pregnancy pics this time around at all.  Well be careful what you wish for!  I knew I was huge, but my GOODNESS!  Seeing myself on the camera was still shocking.

I was telling my mom today that I want a t-shirt that says "My doctor says I'm measuring just right".  But I don't know if I would believe it.  So without further ado, here I am (all of me)...

(If you know the old Destiny's Child song Bootylicious, please sing along: "I don't think you're ready for this belly... I don't think you're ready for this belly...") OK.


I mean, really!

So the cute little balloon I am holding is from my surprise baby luncheon yesterday at Olive Garden.  My wonderful friend Kelly organized a little get together with some of her and my favorite women to celebrate Brady.  They showered Brady and I with love and clothes and diapers, and it was wonderful.

Today I am exactly 38 weeks pregnant.  Anderson was born at exactly 38 weeks, so I am now embarking on uncharted territory.  I am more pregnant than I have ever been.  Also, Anderson was 5 lbs. 15 oz., and based on my 36 week ultrasound, they are predicting Brady to be 8 lbs. 11 oz.  I know it's all a rough estimate, but it sounds (and feels... and looks...) to me that Brady will definitely be bigger than Anderson.  Which is good- Anderson was borderline too small at birth.  The nurses all made it clear that they did not want him losing much weight (which he didn't).

I think we're as ready for Brady as can be.  I've been doing my best nesting- at home and at school.  My report cards (not due till the 28th) are all finished and I have sub plans written for over a week out.  This has NEVER happened before.  Ha.  My board sub, Linda, was the first grade team leader my previous 6 years at Nuckols Farm.  She retired last year, just in time to sub for me :), so I really know that everything at school will be completely great without me.  The plan is for me to work one more week.

At home, we've been doing our best to keep up with cleaning and laundry, although I never feel "done" with that.  And my washing machine's been broken since Friday, so that's my excuse there.  I have managed to catch up on Anderson's baby book and "2012" photo album.  These have been my favorite projects because Anderson's so stinkin cute.

Brady's nursery is all set up.  Anderson's furniture fiasco meant that his nursery wasn't ready until he was 2 months old, so it feels good to have Brady's room all ready for him.




Looking forward to filling the frames with Brady pictures!

Anderson has had fun checking out Brady's room.  He likes running back and forth between his room and Brady's room, and we'll tell him "Anderson's room", "Brady's room."  Today he proudly showed Grandma and Grandpa where each room is.  He and I even had an impromptu dance party in Brady's room on Friday.   So I think he feels pretty comfortable. :)

It will be interesting to see how sleeping goes with Brady (interesting- ha- I remember it being unbelievable how exhausted I was with Anderson the first 3 weeks especially).  We're planning on Brady sleeping in our room for a while.  Anderson lasted only a few nights in our room before we moved him to his, but that was at the old house where his room was 3 steps from ours, and we kept both doors wide open.  So we will see...

In conclusion, Brady, we're as ready as we'll ever be, so COME ON! :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were in a blogging mood! LOVE Brady's nursery and I think your belly looks awesome! Can't wait to see and eventually meet this little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look awesome - on your blog and especially in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :) I am glad I got the picture. One day it will be funny....

    ReplyDelete