Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christmastown

A little out of order here, but I have been meaning to add this final Christmas post for this year.  I remembered to order the photos and put them in Anderson's album, but I didn't want to forget the blog!

We spent the night in Williamsburg with Nannie and Papa on Sunday, December 30.  It was also Nannie and Papa's wedding anniversary.  They spent their honeymoon in Williamsburg (a few) years ago and like to make it back most years.  It was nice of them to invite us along.  :)

Nannie suggested going to Busch Gardens' "Christmastown" for the afternoon/ evening.  Ryan and I thought it sounded great- none of us had ever been, but we'd all heard great things about it!

We got there in the daytime before the lights became the main event.  So we strolled around and...


took some pictures with a Christmas tree...

Ryan and his mom rode this ride :) ...




Rode this cute train around the park... with hot cocoa... mmm
And saw this really impressive Sesame Street Christmas show.  Anderson was unusually squirrely during the show, so the 20 minutes-or-so that it lasted was just right.
It was dark outside by the time the show was over, so we headed towards the big dining hall/ restaurant (which had a Christmas music show, too) across the park.  At this point the lights were BEAUTIFUL!  Definitely worth all of the hype!


 



Look what Nannie and Papa got for Anderson!  They made me so happy- especially because I don't think Anderson was fully aware he was wearing a blinking-snowflake-headband.  


We had a great time, but there was so much of the park we didn't really get to.  We stumbled upon the North Pole, which has snow all day every day, but barely realized it.  No photos this time :(.  And by the time we were leaving, most of the regular Busch Garden rides were up and running.  There was also a "ski lift"-type-thing that had been closed due to wind but opened up later on.  Basically, we definitely need to go back next year.  I think it will be better and better as our boys get older.  Definitely hoping to make Christmastown a tradition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment