Monday, June 24, 2013

Grandma's Birthday Part 2


Monday, June 17, was Grandma's actual birthday.  The only person in the world I know who might love baseball more than Ryan does, is my grandma.  So she wanted to celebrate her 80th birthday at a Diamondbacks game with as much family as we could gather.  Twenty-five of us went to the game together. It was the perfect temperature- because the field is covered and climate controlled most of the season- and we had "all you can eat seats", so we had a never-ending supply of hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, chips, soda and water.  We loved it.

Grandma opened presents- an iPad from her kids and a photo book from her grand and great-grandkids.

The great-grandkids ready for the game (Mollie had Diamondback hats for all of the little ones- so cute!)



Anderson was fading fast.  He was very comfortable snuggled with Grandma, Grandpa, and Great-grandma.  He never could fall asleep during the game, so Mom and I left with the boys after the fourth inning.  Notice Anderson holding on to Great-Grandma. 

Sisters and the chunky monkey!

We said this should be Brady's Facebook profile pic. :)

Look how cute the two littlest guys are!  It won't be long before these two chubby little brothers won't be able to squeeze into one seat.

However... backing up to Monday morning, Anderson and my mom went out to a playground to play with Liam and Sarah.  My mom said he seemed to feel a little off, so we took his temperature.  Sure enough, he had a fever over 102. :-(  The boys and I stayed in for the day instead of going to the pool.  My mom spent most of the day with us (the guys had gone golfing.)  Anderson really never did rebound to his normal happy, funny self during the trip.  Monday- Wednesday he seemed to feel pretty bad.  And our normally excellent sleeper was suddenly up, uncomfortable, crying, off and on all night.  We tried letting him sleep in bed with us, but he's not used to it, and ended up very restless and seemed uncomfortable, even though he was very happy to be cuddling with Mommy (me too!).  Brady woke up in my parents' room a couple of mornings because I was worried Anderson wasn't letting him get any sleep, either.  Both boys had a pretty deep cough and runny noses.  Tuesday morning I took the boys to a local walk-in/ urgent care clinic.  The very nice doctor said it was just a cruddy virus they probably picked up on the plane.  Tylenol and Motrin for Anderson to try to keep him comfortable.  
Waiting room
Finally by Thursday morning, Anderson seemed to be feeling better.  He got to play with Tyra, Michael, and Colton before they all headed off.  He loved all three of them.  He very happily called "T-T" by name.  He decided Michael was very good at reading, and asked him to read "My Friend Is Sad" and "Little Blue Truck" over and over.  And he thought Colton was hilarious.

Coco :)

Snacking and reading with Great-Grandma... starting to feel better!

Brady making faces with Uncle Mike


Here are a couple of random but cute bathtime pictures from the trip...
TIGHT squeeze!

Jacuzzi tub


Wednesday we had dinner with my Uncle Jon and Aunt Lori.  Anderson did his best, but dinner did not go all that well.  Ryan and I ended up taking turns in the van with Anderson; he was coughing and sick and was much more comfortable in the van.  Then Thursday we got up and went to a tour of the Cardinal's stadium.  I think Ryan liked the tour, which was good, because I certainly do love Ryan.  And I will suffer through even the most boring tour by the most boring tour guide on Earth for him, as I proved Thursday (my mom, Anderson, and Brady obviously love Ryan enough to do the same!)



Brady couldn't take it anymore- he fell asleep.  Come to think of it, Anderson fell asleep (in my arms) about 45-minutes into the tour.
It takes about an hour and a half to roll the actual field into the stadium before every game.  This is the only stadium that rolls their grass in and out, which was kinda cool.
My dad and Grandma Bonda picked us up, and we went to lunch.  After lunch, we headed over to my Grandma Bonda's house for some visiting.  She really enjoyed the extra time with her great grandsons.
Anderson loves his grandpa (and look- Hawaiian shirt day!)

Three generations



That evening, my parents met my Uncle Jim and Aunt Terri for dinner.  Ryan, the boys, Grandma, Mike and Trudi (by now the only family still at the resort) played and ordered dinner at the pool.  The resort (The Sheraton Desert Oasis, for anyone who wants to go to Phoenix) had the best food.  Their barbeque sandwich rocked my world, and Anderson and I shared a yummy flat bread pizza Thursday night.  Anyways, it was a really nice way to finish the trip.

Anderson loved the splash zone!


Brady is such a happy guy- note to self: be better at getting smiley pictures.

Brady and Great-Grandma

Nothing like poolside snuggles
Friday we spent allll day travelling.
Anderson fueled up for the big travelling day with his own (small) (decaffeinated) vanilla Frappaccino.  He loved it.  
The flight was fine- with the time change, we left around 2:30 and landed around 10:00.  Then we had to get to our cars (Park N Fly) and drive home from Baltimore.  Traffic on I-95 was ridiculous!  Because of construction, we were stuck- at a stand still- on 95 for an hour and a half.  No moving.  People out of their cars.  Me whining and borderline freaking out.  Brady screaming... then Anderson crying... then Brady screaming some more.  Finally we pulled into our driveway around 3:00am.  If this wasn't crazy enough, Ryan was waking up the next morning to be at the church by 6:00 for another Saints softball event.  The boys and I, on the other hand, slept in until 11:15 (Brady did wake up to eat around 8:00.)  We had such a fun trip, but were all very happy to be HOME! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I do not miss the 95! Glad you all made it home safe and sound! Miss you guys can't wait until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN I'm sad we couldn't be there. Looks like so much fun. Your boys are SO cute. (Also, sorry he had to get sick. :( I guess since we couldn't come, SOMEONE had to get sick during a family vacation. Haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Brandi, you all were so missed! I know everyone is so eager to have you back for good. :). I would love for you to get to meet the boys!

    ReplyDelete