Sunday, October 20, 2013

'I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

I heard this Anne of Green Gables quote recently, and it is so true.  As an October baby, I've always loved this month.  Here's what we've been up to this October...

VA STATE FAIR- Anderson's 3rd annual visit and, of course, Brady's first.  Hot, mid-80's!


The big boys checking out some tractors          
Brady and Grandma- Brady's sweaty hair evidence of the heat!

Anderson loved watching the ducks go up and down the ramp.

Cheese

Anderson's first pony ride!  He surprised us by saying he wanted to ride a pony.  He protested the minute I went to put him in the saddle, but within a second of the ride, he was loving it.  A couple days later, we were talking about animals.  I asked him if he likes dogs. "No," he said (sorry, Sadie.)  I said, "Oh, well do you like... horses?"  He said, "Of course I do!" Ha. :-)
Happy Brady and Grandpa :-)  We have a similar picture of Anderson and Grandpa during his first trip to the fair.  Thank you, Ryan, for being sure to get this one.

 BELVIDERE PLANTATION AND THE CASSONS!

Ca-razy picture- but I think this captures the bouncey horse hopper things pretty well...
And this one, because Anderson loved it!

The big slide...


A lot of Ives in that slide!
Super Brave Liam!







Oh, my sweet boy!!

Second pony ride. :)  Not even nervous this time.

Liam and Chris at the "race track"

Anderson and Grandma

Brady thought Liam was hilarious, and Liam was sweet to entertain my Brady Bear!

Group Shot on the Hayride

Happy boys!


 

Anderson, Colin, and Brady



Cutie brothers!  Anderson really took notice of Liam and Colin- I've definitely seen him pay Brady more attention ever since their visit. :)


This boy loves tractors.



Belvidere Plantation had some GOOD LOOKIN pumpkins!



And then the next weekend...

APPLE PICKING at Carter's Mountain
Drizzly day, but beautiful view
Nannie and Papa
Anderson and Nannie looked at some pumpkins.
Anderson is 11 apples tall.




We picked about a dozen Granny Smith Apples, and we gathered a 1/2 bushel of "pre-picked" apples, as well.

About all of the apple picking fun Brady could handle. ;-)

 A couple of days later, the boys and I put our apples to good use:
Anderson won't eat the apples, but he's loved counting them during his meals...
 APPLESAUCE :)

Brown sugar and cinnamon




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! So much fun! You all have been busy enjoying fall.

    ReplyDelete