Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Weekend

Saturday was an Easter Party at my Mom and Dad's house.  A good part of Ryan's family and some family friends came for an egg hunt and dinner.  The weather was mid-60's with some sun peeking out, which was just about ideal.

Mom's friends, the Salas family, joined us for the second year.  The three boys are rambunctious and fun and so enamored by the horses, which is mutual. 



Wagon-date.  Ashley putting the moooves on ;-)

McKenzie loved the swingset.

Easter Egg Hunt- Anderson finally filled a basket (there were 300 eggs in the yard!)

Singletons (And hey, Lauren and Kyle! I wish I'd gotten some pictures of you, too... oops!)

Guess who found the Golden Egg??

Picnic Date.  Anderson was in love with the deviled eggs!

Brady visiting Napoleon.

Ashley, Kelly, Nannie, and Brady

Easter Sunday was nice, but I learned my lesson- LESS of the trivial stuff and MORE of the real stuff.  I loved all of our egg hunts and Easter outfits etc. the weeks leading up to Easter.  But come Easter morning, the perfectly coordinated outfits, carefully filled baskets, and personal egg hunt stressed me out!  We finally made it to church (not early like I'd hoped), and I found what I needed.  Not the bunny or the eggs or the candy, but the hope.

1 Corinthians 15...
54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." 55 "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

And that makes for a very happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment