I'm loving our neighborhood more and more every day. With both boys old enough to enjoy being outside and going to parks, it's been wonderful having so much within walking distance. Even the full week that Anderson was knocked out with strep and a miserable cough, daily walks kept us all sane. I can think of 4 parks that are an easy walk from our house. The closest, "our" park, is a 2-minute walk. I've posted pictures of our beloved Tot Lot before,
like here. Just this past month, it got a complete overhaul. I wasn't thrilled that somebody decided to change
our park, but it's really growing on me.
Our first trip to the newly-improved park day 2 of strep.
.JPG) |
| My mom helped me a lot that Monday- for one thing we were keeping the boys apart as much as possible. |
We really needed some fresh air and sunshine because there was waay too much of this going on:
 |
Thank goodness Brady never got sick; this was purely a sympathy episode of TV. ;-)
|
We went back just the three of us Wednesday this week...
 |
| Anderson loved finding his shadow on the walk over. |
 |
| We love these (there's also a "single" snail.) |
 |
| Anderson graduated to the big boy swing. I had to catch him once, but I think he felt really proud that he could do it. |
 |
| My baby looks like a man! |
 |
| I like this action shot. :) |
The next day we had a ton of fun at a different park, about a 20 minute walk away, but I didn't take any pictures. Anderson found a 4-year-old playmate, and the two of them had so much fun. Phoebe (his new friend) shouted to her mom, "I finally found my friend!" Ha. :) She kept giving Anderson tasks, "Go get more sticks," for example. He'd say, "Alright!" and off he'd go. They were really cute. Brady appreciated all of the time I had to help him cruise around the equipment since my other little guy was so content. The teacher in me hesitated to take any pictures of them since we'd just met (at school we needed signed permission to photograph anyone's kid). I guess I should've just asked her very nice mom, but I didn't. I did get this picture of our view on our way to the park...
 |
| So pretty! And we can always count on some ducks or geese to entertain us. |
I've been a part of the "Wyndham Mom's Club" for over a year now, and it's been good to push me out of my comfort zone and meet a lot of nice women throughout the neighborhood. I play bunco about every month, and the boys and I are in a playgroup. We've been "dabbling" in the preschool-age play group since Anderson's really too old for our infant playgroup. We were invited to a preschool Easter egg hunt at our neighbor's house. It really was so fun. After several events of not knowing a lot of the women/ kids, I'm starting to know or at least recognize enough folks to feel more comfortable. So that makes it much more fun for me. :)
 |
| Brady is getting better about putting everything in his mouth, but I still have to watch him! He loves giving kisses, for one thing. |
 |
| Anderson ended up picking up 2 of the 200-or-so eggs in the yard. |
My boys are apparently not competitive egg-hunters. We're talking "super-social" league. My favorite part was that a couple of the older siblings peeked in my boys' baskets and said, "You need more eggs," and gave them a couple of theirs. Thankful for such nice neighbors!
Fun to hear an update on what you all have been up to. So great you have such great parks within walking distance. Your boys are darling.
ReplyDeleteMeg, We've lost our invite to your blog and miss keeping up with you guys! Mindy
DeleteThank you, Meg! :)
Delete