Sweet Colby is here safe and sound! And gosh, we could not love him more. I had forgotten how much I love this newborn phase. He is so tiny and fragile and perfect. I don't want to blink.
After a fair amount of (whining?) impatience on my part, Colby did in fact arrive one day before his due date. I woke up to more contractions around 3:30 Tuesday morning, but they were about 7 minutes apart. Based on the previous few days, I figured they'd just stop. Instead, I decided to take a shower around 6 to hopefully feel better, and they jumped into high gear- about every 2 minutes. So I told Ryan we'd better plan to go to the doctor's office (on the hospital campus.) I called my mom, who got to our house about 30 minutes later.
When we got to the office at 8:00 (my doctor was expecting us) she did a quick check, and I was already at 5cm. She went ahead and broke my water, which really kicked labor into full gear. Dr. Dausch walked us over to L&D. I was in a lot of pain and not handling it very well.... fast forward.... Colby was born at 10:48! He was 8 lbs. 6 oz. and just perfect.
 |
| Already so cute and a little chubby! |
 |
| In loooove! |
 |
| Happy Mommy and Daddy |
My mom had arrived some time between the epidural and pushing, so Ryan went to let her know it was time to come back in to see Colby. Soon after, Ryan's mom Cheryl was there, too. Ryan's dad was in the waiting area for a while before he was able to come back, so he got a quick visit with Colby, too. My dad and Casey had been keeping our big boys throughout the morning, but soon they each got a turn to come visit, as well.
 |
| One of the nursery nurses checking Colby out. She measured him to be 20.5" long. |
Later that evening, after we'd moved upstairs to our postpartum room, we had two
very special visitors come and meet their new brother...
 |
| Anderson seemed really excited to see us, and said, "Colby is born," in a matter-of-fact way when he arrived. He kissed his head and even asked to hold him (I told him when Colby is a little bigger.) |
 |
| Brady mostly ignored Colby, and really me, but he did have time for a quick hug. |
 |
| Papa and the three boys :) |
 |
| Checking out his baby. |
 |
| Trying to figure out how to get a hold of that blue ball-looking-thingy in Colby's bassinet. |
The boys left with Nannie and Papa and headed to their house to spend the night. Ryan picked up some food for him and me and we settled in for the night. It was such a good day.
congratulations! these pictures are so sweet. I'm so happy for all of you!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! So glad you have your sweet baby boy! He is one handsome fella :)
ReplyDelete