Sunday, April 26, 2015

Colby is one month old!

As expected, this month has flown by!  Colby is a very good baby, and he is so loved!  We are still in the "pouring in" phase; not a lot of positive feedback coming from him yet.  I joked that he constantly looks like he wants to file a complaint.  But he loves to be held, he loves to eat, and he looks for me when he hears my voice, so I take all three of those signs to mean he loves me, too.  And one day soon he will smile at me, and that will be wonderful.




I can't wait for him to smile at his brothers, too, because they think he's pretty great.  Even Brady constantly says, "It baby Colby! Aw he so cute!"  Anderson likes to do "Three things- a little kiss, a little rub (on his head) and a big hug."  I have to limit Anderson's kisses, etc. because he goes on and on and Colby seems to get enough touching a couple of hugs/ kisses/ rubs in.  But I will LOVE to see him enjoying their attention, and I know they will love it, too!






Colby is sleeping very well; he likes to be swaddled and in his "Rock-n-Play" just like Brady did.  For a couple of weeks it was right by the bed, but he grunts some while he's sleeping, and one morning, around 3am, I moved him into his nursery (which is connected to our room.)  We still use the Summer Swaddleme blankets because I am a sub-par swaddler, and Colby has just now outgrown the smalls, so at one month old we are on to medium.

The hospital gave us this Halo sleep sack, and it's my favorite because it is bigger and has room for him to grow.  Normally he can't get his hand out of it like that, but I thought it looked cute when he did.

 Speaking of growing, he is just over 12lbs., and he is filling out every bit of 3 month clothes.  He seems to be growing so fast.  And while I do truly look forward to smiles and other milestones yet to come, I really want him to still be an itty bitty baby.  Just holding a newborn is so sweet, and I'm not ready to let that go.

One day old...



Nine days old...




One month old...



He likes to be wrapped up in my Solly wraps, and usually he sleeps in there.  However, sometimes he pushes back and wants to look all around, and I worry he's too young to be holding up his head like that.  Sometimes he's happy in his swing, but not for too long.  He likes to stretch out and look at toys on the "farm animal" mat we have.  He's also getting pretty attached to a pacifier.

Just after 3 weeks, Colby started getting infant acne.  A week or so later at his 1 month check up, it was worse than ever.  Poor baby, his whole face was red and bumpy.  Our doctor gave me a cream that seems to be helping.  I look at those newborn photos from the hospital and miss that beautiful skin, though I'm sure it will be back soon.  He has also started spitting up in just the last few days, and I hope this is a short phase.

He likes baths ever since he could take a "real" bath where I can keep him warm with plenty of water. First bath/ sponge bath (not happy)...


But cute!!
"Real" bath... pretty chill...


It's impossible to write down how wonderful Colby is.  I know I've always wanted him, and I am endlessly thankful for this beautiful family God has entrusted to us.  Colby is exactly what our family needs, and we are so happy he is here.  I can't wait to see all that he will do and all he will become in the days and weeks and years ahead.  We love you, Colby!! 

And last, a few more photos from this first month:






1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is already 1 month old. Time just goes by way too fast and I do miss the newborn days.

    ReplyDelete