We love this little (big) guy so much!! We are really starting to get to know him, too. He has become a very smiley, happy guy. Not all of the time, of course, but more and more as we go. I can pretty much count on a smile when he wakes up for the day, which is the best!
He is also cooing some, and he lights up when he "talks" to you.
I feel guilty writing these words, but he is a great sleeper! He sleeps a long stretch at night, and is sometimes up once, but sometimes not up until morning. At least one night this week, he slept a longer stretch than Anderson. He has quickly joined the "nap time" routine (which unfortunately Anderson is quickly outgrowing), and loves a good, long afternoon nap all swaddled up in the "lambie" rock-n-play.
He is awake for long stretches throughout the morning and then in the evening. His evenings are typically his fussy time. When he's awake, he likes to eat about every 2 hours, still. With baby #3 I've finally felt like I can relax about scheduling when he eats. A big reason I can be more laid back about this is I'm not going back to work full-time any time soon, so I don't need to have him on enough of a schedule to plan for pumping/ bottles/ etc. (Big sigh of relief). So basically he just eats when he wants and before we're about to go anywhere so I can hold him over long enough to do a few things. :)
One of these days he will love and crave attention from his brothers, but he's not quite there yet. He has smiled at each of them, to their big delight. But overall I think he's a little nervous because they can get a little extra close or loud or unpredictable. They both love him a lot and try really hard to "love on him" in the best way. Like I said, I'm sure soon he will love all of that attention right back.
He is big! He is totally filling up 6 months clothes, and he's wearing 6-9 months comfortably. He's soo cute and chubby and healthy, praise God! But I do get depressed that he is sailing through these sizes, and therefore growing up toooo fast. He's such a wonderful baby, and I am more aware all of the time how fleeting infancy is. I need to remember to spend less time trying to straighten up a house "decorated" by little boys, laundering all of the clothes that are always getting dirty, checking FB/ Instagram updates, etc. and just stare at him more. I really do. He is so wonderful.
Adorable little chunk! He's definitely outsleeping Reed at night already. Haha!
ReplyDelete