Saturday, January 19, 2013

Snow day!

Thanks to a little snow, Anderson and I are on day 2 of our weekend and it's only Saturday. Woo hoo! It was a perfect snow day- just enough snow to close schools, and then sunny and 40's so the roads cleared up and we could get outside comfortably. After 4 days in a row of constant rain, we were very happy to finally see some snow- and the sun!

In the playroom with Chuck the Truck


Snow suit!  Last year's snow suit was worn exactly once.  We'll see about this year.  Thanks to Brady, I have hope they'll be worn again some day.


Out in our front yard.  Walking in a snowsuit and boots took some getting used to .  We had a few "Uh ohs!"


We walked over to the park, and Anderson wanted to get in the swing, as usual.  It was a tight squeeze getting his snowsuit-ed self into the swing and almost impossible to get him back out.  Both boots ended up flying off, but I did get him back out.


Our cute neighbor letting Anderson try out sledding.  The snow was already pretty melty, but with a little push they had a good little ride.


This morning so far we've played and eaten breakfast.  Ryan's at work, but will be home sometime after 12. He will take over, and I have a lunch date with Kelly.  

This morning, Anderson had leftover oatmeal waffles from yesterday morning and banana.  He loves waffles (even without syrup... go figure).  

You see him here admiring his first real artwork.  He painted a tree and snowflake at Granny Kathy's house to give to Mommy and Daddy for Christmas.  His little face is inside the snowflake.  We love it, and so does he.  Right now we keep it on the table as a centerpiece.  At most meals, Anderson asks for it and admires it on his high chair as he dines.





2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you got your snow day! I was laughing about how cold it has been here and how it has snowed like 4x since we moved. It hasn't really stuck to the ground though :) I think weather just follows us! Miss you! Can't wait to see pictures of Brady VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete