Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Colby Ryan

Have I mentioned we have a name??  Our newest baby boy is Colby Ryan Ives. :)  I just had my doctor's appointment today, and at 29 weeks and some change, he's doing great!  He moves around a lot, which I really love.

I have already become as big as ever, which my doctor is always so nice about/ not critical of.  Finally this month my weight gain slowed down to a few ounces, so maybe I'll plateau around this size.  I'm already uncomfortable most of the time, so I don't know how much bigger I can manage!

Both boys are very interested in my tummy.  Every once in a while, Brady asks to see it (they both insist I pull up my shirt).  He smiles all big and usually dives in for a hug/ wrestle.  Ha.  The first time he really looked at my tummy was a few weeks ago, and he said, "Mama's tummy is big!" :)

Anderson talks about Colby like he's already here, and recently has started talking to Colby.  Last week, he had a 5 or so minute conversation with Colby (my belly) as if my mom and I weren't even in the room.  His nose about two inches from my belly.  He started with introductions, "I'm Anderson.  And you're Colby."  And he went on and on from there.  I wanted to record every sweet word because I knew I would forget.  One of my favorites was from either that first night or the one after when he said, "Colby you'll be happy when I call you a cute baby!  And I'm a so-handsome boy."  He also told Colby, "Your turn- ready, set, go" and told him to climb 35 stairs, so I think he's encouraging him to come on out.  Haha.

Then last night, I asked Anderson if he wanted to try to feel Colby kick.  I don't think he ever really got a good kick, but he sat so sweetly and we all sang to Colby and it was such a sweet moment.  Ryan had his phone handy and snuck this picture.  I love it because of this sweet time that it represents.


3 comments: