Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mini-snow day

We got a dusting- 1/2 inch of snow last night and this morning, but it was enough to close Henrico schools, and therefore Anderson's preschool and Brady and my church group.  So we had our own little snow day.  It took about 30 minutes to get the boys all bundled up to go outside.  At this point I was sweating through my light sweatshirt, so I didn't need a whole lot of bundling.  And I love every one of the twenty little fingers that live in our house, but putting mittens on little boys (again and again and again) is my least favorite part for sure.

Nonetheless, I got everyone ready and out the back door for some solid snow day playtime.  I think we were out there for almost 45-minutes, so slightly better than the time preparations required.  Victory! :)




Anderson really wanted to build a snowman, so we did.  A little one. :)  We had no carrots for his nose, but Anderson settled for "pebbles."

Brady reallly wanted to knock him down- and did a few times- but finally he let "Olaf" be.




They had fun on our little slide

But Brady didn't want to be rushed.  Hello, two-years-old!

Cutie!

Once Anderson got the idea, he wouldn't stop eating the snow.  I finally just told him to make sure the snow was white before he ate it.

Stripped off all of our wet snowgear and came inside to play and eat lunch.  Anderson was running laps around the house while some of Brady's birthday balloons "chased him."
Pretty sure we are inside for the day now (for one thing, I think the snow has about melted on this 40 degree day) , but it was fun while it lasted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment