This was all weird enough, but add to it that our loft/ stairs renovation project was underway, and our contractor arrived a little after 8 am. I just had Ryan post a "Come on in... we're upstairs and sick" note so the boys and I didn't have to leave the room. Since it was Monday, my parents were planning on having the boys for the day while I tutored. Instead, Mom just came out and scooped all of us up and we spent the day in Montpelier.
Luckily Anderson never got very sick- just that once, again almost 48 hours later, and then he had what seemed to be an upset tummy for a day or two. Brady definitely had it the worst and his tummy still isn't right a week later, but ever since Monday morning he seems to feel pretty good. My virus was on the mild-side, luckily. And thanks to my parents who took care of the boys all afternoon, I got to their house and got to go straight back to bed. The boys weren't sick anymore on Monday, so it was a surprisingly pleasant way to spend a sick day. I got to nap on and off, my dad heated up some Campbell's chicken noodle soup for me, and I cuddled with the boys and watched a little TV... thank goodness for my mom and dad!!!
The rest of the week, the boys and I spent about as much time at my parents' house as at our own since there was loud construction going on several days. Wednesday our contractor had to cancel, so we ended up at home all day. Nobody was feeling 100% yet, but we had such a nice, quiet day at home.
Lauren and Kyle had given Brady a fun "Paper Bag Monsters" craft kit for Christmas. Luckily, Brady was happy to share because Anderson really loves it! We had 30-45 minutes of solid crafting time (a little less from Brady) thanks to these paper bag monsters.
Brady was ready to move on before Anderson was. When he gets in the mood, Brady loves nothing more than to play by himself. Here he is with his LeapReader Jr., which he got for Christmas. I'm thrilled with how much he likes it- he's just old enough to be independent with it for a good little while.
| Brady enjoyed both assembling and disassembling his monster. |
| Please excuse/ enjoy Anderson's lovely jammies. We'd been through A LOT of jammies at this point in the week. And sheets, and towels. |
| Anderson made 3 different monsters, including this "sleepy" one. |
And it wouldn't be a day in our house without some quality train time...
I hate seeing my boys sick, but all things considered it wasn't a bad week- mainly just a weird one. We will all be ready to have our tummies back feeling completely good and having the renovation finally finished.
Oh I'm sorry. :( It's awful when they get a tummy bug and don't understand what's happening. I think you JUST MIGHT remember our first time having a baby with a stomach bug. I believe it was around July of 2007. ;)
ReplyDeleteHaha, Brandi, I think I do! Honestly I remember poor Jess just looked miserable for days!! (Sorry, Jess) And I remember you guys praying all night that I'd be better by the wedding... which I was! So all and all some good memories mixed in there. :)
Delete