Monday, June 1, 2015

Brady-speak

I don't know if there's anything cuter than talking with a 2-year-old. Suddenly you learn so much about their preferences, personality, and thoughts. Brady has been a verbal guy all along (based on my sample of 2 children, ha). But he's quiet about it. A friend recently asked, "Does he talk?" which shocked me because he talks all the time, but I'm realizing he is super quiet around people that he's not really comfortable with.

He is really good at quoting TV shows, movies, books.  Lately the boys are totally into Jungle Book, and if you listen carefully Brady will sing "Bare Necessities" as he's playing.  The boys also love Nemo, and Brady will out of the blue say, "Look at me! I'm going to touch the bu-utt!" Another favorite is the robots from the sports episode of Team Umizoomi. He says, "We're playing bas-ket-ball" or "bike-ing, bike-ing" in a robot voice.  It's so cute. :)

Something that he does that his brother hasn't, is a lot of pretend play with toys. He'll have little conversations with the toys and say something like, "Oh no! Baby firetruck need help!" "We'll save you!" He happily goes on and on by himself, or he's usually happy to have one of us join in.

(Cue the catcall)
I've tried to take some videos of his sweet little voice, but note-to-self: take more videos. In the meantime, here are some of my favorite of Brady's go-to phrases these days:

"Have a good fun!"

"Excuse me Mr.___(Mommy, for example), Sir."

(As I was feeding Colby the other day), "What're you doing, Mommy? You eating Colby?!"

And up until very recently, he's pronounced Anderson's name "Ammerson," which I loved. He's been intentionally correcting it to pronounce the "nd", but I already miss Ammerson.

I'll keep adding to this list, because I know I'm missing a lot of good ones. Maybe I'll even figure out how to upload a video on here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Two is such a fun and cute age. I know what you mean about people asking if he talks. People would comment on how Neely's personality "suddenly" blossomed at a certain age and it always confused me because she'd always been herself, they just didn't see it until later. Same with comments about how "serious" Neely and Reed are. Ha! Serious? Those two are hilarious and smiley and joyful. Reed does some funny serious faces when he's thinking but I definitely would not describe either of them as serious. Kind of funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent phrases to add:
    "You bet I am!"
    "Do you really mean it?!"
    "You're the best big boy I ever had!"
    Also singing familiar theme songs but changing the words to fit whatever toy he's playing with."

    ReplyDelete